[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:08:27 -0500
Well this e mail is a tad early. I will be on the road on Tuesday making a special delivery and I hope to be back in  time for the Tuesday night activities on 222.100 MHz and the surrounding frequencies.  Check the band after dinner local time, and try to make a few contacts on the only band that sounds like you are stuttering....2 2 2.  The actions starts on the East Coast about 00:00 UT and can continue well past 0200 UT especially as you get farther west. The Chicago folks are just getting started  then and usually are active past 0300 or so.

I hope to be on by 00:00 UT  around 222.100 MHz to start. There has been some FT8 and Q65 activity on 222.174 although most activity is on SSB or CW.  Many folks monitor the ON4KST chat pages (144/432 MHz Region 2), and it is a good way to set up a sked or just let people know that you are on the frequency and looking for contacts.

CU on Tuesday night.

Dave K1WHS