[VHFcontesting] WZ1V 222 Sprint

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WZ1V 222 Sprint
From: "Ron Klimas WZ1V" <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:23:33 -0400
222 MHz Fall Sprint - 2023

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V
Class: Single Op HP
QTH:  FN31rh
Operating Time (hrs): 3

Total: QSOs = 46 Mults = 23 Total Score = 1,058

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:
Great to hear all the activity, had a blast.
Worked as far as FN51 to the east, EN92 to the west,
FM07 to the SW, and FN54 to the NE.
Mode breakdown 28 SSB, 11 CW, and 7 FT8.
About as good as I've ever done on a flat band in the Sprint.
No hilltop or big antennas here, 9.5 foot yagi up 66 feet.
I do have a 500W Larcan SSPA now thanks to K1WHS.
I'm 130 ft ASL 2 miles from the ocean on a small rise
along I-95 to give you an idea of my QTH.
Everything north of east or west is uphill from here.
Fortunately, knife-edge propagation and QSB swells help out.
TNX for the QSOs, hope to work some of you on 432 next week.

73 Ron WZ1V