[VHFcontesting] K3DNE 2M Fall Sprint

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K3DNE 2M Fall Sprint
From: Ed Kucharski <k3dne@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 10:36:08 -0400 (EDT)
My meager results from the 2m Fall Sprint.  I thought activity was down, that
being said, the fall sprints are historically not the most popular VHF+ events.
 Many "big guns" that I typically hear or work were absent.  Things have
certainly changed in the past 5 years on VHF+.   In the recent past, I found a
SSB spike in activity around 8-9pm when WA4NJP calls his 2m net on 144.210 and
net participants tune the band to work sprint QSO's.  I think I only worked one
of those ops.  I refused to give in to the FT8 VHF+ pandemic (yes, you read
that correctly) and operated the first hour and a quarter exclusively on SSB
netting a grand total of 6 QSO's in that time frame.  After that I spent a good
20 minutes at the top of each hour on SSB and only netted one more SSB QSO.  I
did not notice any significant enhanced propagation.
Thanks to the sponsor for continuing the support for weak signal VHF+ activity.

144 MHz Fall Sprint - 2023
Call: K3DNE
Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 3.75
Total: QSOs = 24, Mults = 16, Total Score = 384
Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Elecraft K3S, Kuhne DB6NT transverter, Lunar Link Amp (750w digital, 1+KW SSB),
12 element M2 at 47ft.

73
Ed K3DNE
EM94ae