Re: [VHFcontesting] Categories

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Categories
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 09:01:46 -0500
I generally operate QRP Portable in the VHF contests. Having a location on
a hill that is 300+ feet above average terrain is a big bonus. Depending on
the contest, I will take all bands 50 MHz through 24 GHz with me. And
usually work at least a few stations on all bands through 10 GHz.

I am always Analog-Only. Sometimes there aren't many stations to work,
sometimes there are a lot of people on. Lately it seems the digital modes
have taken over and a lot of people don't even bother with CW or SSB. I
haven't won many contests recently, but for many years I was at least in
the top ten and one year took first place nationwide in the Single Op
Portable category. I forget which contest that was, probably September.

73, Zack W9SZ

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>