Re: [VHFcontesting] KLM 144 16LBX

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] KLM 144 16LBX
From: w3cmp <w3cmp@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 15:50:07 -0400
Mike:   The KLM can be modified  in one of 2 ways.   KLM had plans to add an
additional director or two; later M2 had a modification to convert the KLM into
an  M2 18XXX, which  itself could  be modified to a 19XXX.  If I recall
correctly the M2 18XXX  conversion required a new boom section or two and
drilling a couple new holes for elements  and a new DE. If you are interested
in the 18XXX modification M2 probably  still  has the information and parts; if
not I can dig into the archives to try to find it.  73, Chris Patterson W3CMP
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: vhfcontesting-request@contesting.com
Date: 8/19/23  12:00 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com Subject:
VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 248, Issue 24 Send VHFcontesting mailing list
submissions to      vhfcontesting@contesting.comTo subscribe or unsubscribe via
the World Wide Web, visit
http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/vhfcontestingor, via email, send a
message with subject or body 'help' to  vhfcontesting-request@contesting.comYou
can reach the person managing the list at
vhfcontesting-owner@contesting.comWhen replying, please edit your Subject line
so it is more specificthan "Re: Contents of VHFcontesting digest..."Today's
Topics:   1. KLM 144 16LBX antenna
(mikflathead@aol.com)----------------------------------------------------------------------Message:
 1Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 18:36:56 +0000 (UTC)From: "mikflathead@aol.com"
<mikflathead@aol.com>To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>Subject:
[VHFcontesting] KLM 144 16LBX antennaMessage-ID:
<942985103.891706.1692383816622@mail.yahoo.com>Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=UTF-8Before I run this up the tower are there any modifications I
should make. It has been down for years and I miss it.
MIke------------------------------Subject: Digest
Footer_______________________________________________VHFcontesting mailing
 of VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 248, Issue