[VHFcontesting] Fwd: 55th Central States VHF Society Conference, July 28

To: NEWS VHF Reflector <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: 55th Central States VHF Society Conference, July 28 - 29
From: Mark Thompson via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 19:54:39 +0000 (UTC)
Central States VHF Conference 2023

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Joel Harrison <w5zn@w5zn.org>To: Sent:
Friday, July 14, 2023 at 04:43:54 PM CDTSubject: 55th Central States VHF
Society Conference

The 55th Central States VHF Society conference will be held in North Little
Rock, AR on July 28-29 at the Riverfront Wyndham Hotel. This annual conference,
hosted at venues all over the central United States, provides a host of
technical information and opportunities for 6 meters and above.

I personally want to invite you to attend.

On Friday morning this year’s conference will offer the traditional antenna
range for antenna gain measurements, a noise figure lab for testing preamps or
transverters, and a technical program Friday afternoon and all day Saturday.
The technical program is attached. The Society also publishes a conference
proceedings. This year’s proceedings contains 35 technical papers covering a
wide range of equipment, antenna, propagation, and operating topics.

Registration for the conference is $40 and is required. Advance registration is
recommended but may be done at the event Friday morning or Saturday.
Information on the registration fee may be found at
https://www.csvhfs.org/index.php/2023-annual-conference-registration/individual-registration.
 There are additional luncheon and banquet activities during the conference
period that are optional, but not required for the base registration to attend
the technical program.

Our special guest this year is Ward Silver, N0AX. Ward will speak on “Grounding
& Bonding” during the technical session but will also be our banquet speaker on
“The Yasme Foundation, Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow”.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

73 Joel W5ZN

 _._,_._,_