[VHFcontesting] Yes, it is Tuesday and it is 222 Activity night.

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Yes, it is Tuesday and it is 222 Activity night.
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 12:41:57 -0400
You know what that means....... Yes it is time to get out the RF grease and lather up your driven elements if you are fortunate to have more than one 222 yagi.  If you only have one yagi, no problem! You will need less RF grease and you can still partake of the fantastic excitement of making a few 222 MHz contacts.

This is a reminder to not forget about showing up and trying to make contacts this evening on one of our best VHF bands.  Activity was low right after the June VHF contest, but has been bouncing back. Hopefully tonight will be a banner evening for increased activity. In the northeast, we are still looking for a 30 QSO evening. Imagine 30 contacts on 222 Mhz without a contest! All it takes is for everyone to get on and make noise.

Unfortunately, there is no bass boat and trailer give away tonight for getting on 222, but having the satisfaction of helping to preserve our VHF band allocations is a worthy reward and you do not have to repack the trailer bearings and wash out the fish well after any use.

I am hoping to be on after 22:30 UT and will lurk around 222.100, the calling frequency.  222.100 can get pretty crowded, so I move off when stations start to appear.    Remember to check ON4KST 144/432 Region 2 Chat where you can set up skeds and find out who may be in range of your location. I looked at the weather report and this evening looks good, with no thunderstorms or heavy rain predicted. The past few days have washed out much of eastern NY and Vermont. Western New Hampshire has been hit hard too.  Having a quiet evening weather-wise will be a treat. Maybe I can work WA3EOQ easier with no towering thunder squall lines or rain static!  There is some rain in the Dakotas and Arkansas. Florida has some T storms as well, but pretty much the whole country is taking a breather from the nasty stuff. Let's enjoy it and spend some time on 222 this evening.

I am hoping the Toronto and WNY gang shows up in force.   Don't forget that meteors can be very productive in July. Random meteors tend to peak around now. Who will make the longest 222 QSO this evening?  W5EME is always looking for meteors. If you are within 1200-1300 miles, try a sked!

CU this evening!

Dave K1WHS