[VHFcontesting] June Rove

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] June Rove
From: fmfdoc1994@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 19:45:31 -0500
K0AXX/R did surprisingly well. 2014 was my last rove and was horrible, although
I scored 3rd in the wrong section.
Total score was 57,600.
Thanks to NV5E, Ryan, for all the hard work in the jump seat.
Our success was not hindered by a 2 1/2 hour wait for AAA service or the crazy
weather that took out trees and power lines clear to EM20 and caught us in
EM10, hammering us until we reached Love's Lookout Park in EM22, where we
grabbed 2 hours of shut-eye and recharged the portable batteries between 1000
and 1200 UTC Sunday. If you aren't familiar with this rest area, it is a great
vantage point at nearly 800' ASL and an unobstructed view from NE to almost
SE(also great propogation into the DFW area). Great location for any portable
ops and safe to hang a hammock for rest.
We worked primarily 6m FT8 but, had some luck on our other 4 bands as well.
We had so many folks accuse us of being storm chasers, we finally just went
with that in random conversations hihi
We covered 7 grids Sat (El39, El29, EM20, EM10,EM11,Em21,EM22) and 3 Sunday
(EM32, EM21 again, ending in EM31).
Thanks for all the great contacts and to Marshall, K5QE, for letting us crash
in the bunkhouse Sunday night.
73 de K0AXX
Sent from my iPhone