Re: [VHFcontesting] [222Activity] 222 MHz Activity Night

To: k3sk@buckwalter.co, "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [222Activity] 222 MHz Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 15:13:43 -0400
Hi Dave

I just got home with the XYL from my camp .  It is Tuesday morning. The lawn needs attention. It looked like a jungle!  I will be QRV this evening on 222 MHZ for tropo and EME, and plan to carefully monitor the HB9Q Chat page.  As far as I can tell, my array is working very well and has suffered no damage or water ingress over the winter. I hope to be on a bit early, and would love to stay up after 0200UT and chase a few EME signals.  I am still running the 8877 amp, but the time is coming when the solid state amp will be running in its' place.  I am working on the solar panel install and will be hauling 2" pipe this afternoon. There is plenty of work and I am excited to be getting a lot done.

If anyone plans to be on EME tonight, please let me/us know.

Good luck with the antenna project.  You may be suffering some ill effects from the close stacking. All that metal is inside the capture area and is not helping much.

Dave K1WHS