Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] Microwave Sprint WZ1V

To: Peter Motyl <cs735171012@earthlink.net>, "wz1v@sbcglobal.net" <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>, "newsvhf@mailman.qth.net" <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] Microwave Sprint WZ1V
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 11:48:06 -0400
Sounds like 1296 needs a shot in the arm.  I am hoping ti get some time to get on the tower and make a day of it up there at 130 ft. I can test and inventory anyprobems found with the antennas. 903 is on the bottom with 4 X 47 element loopers . Directly above that 2304 with 4 x 76 element loopers. 1296 is on top with 4 x 45 el loop yagis. I took the 3456 array down a few years ago to fix some problems and in the meatime, we ost the band. I will not put it back up, so that gives me some room to raise the 903 array slightly to give it a clear shot away from the tower top and all the cable harnesses.  I have a Sitemaster portable unit so I can check individual antennas and cables all on the tower, and all by myself.  I hope to get all the arrays tested soon now that it has warmed up.

Anyway, the plan is to get 903, 1296 and 2304 all hooked up again. That means I can bother my Good Buddy for Life WZ1V on a few more bands.

73

Dave K1WHS