[VHFcontesting] 2M FT8

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2M FT8
From: Russell Farrell <ve3ell@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 09:17:12 -0400
Since 2019 I have been operating 2M FT8 with good results. It reminds me of
back in the 90s when I operated 2M ssb with only 10w and a 4 element beam
in the attic. There is almost no one here in FN04BH operating ssb 2m now.
Most of them are silent keys. I also operate 70cm FT8 with good results up
to 500km. I have had a few 1296cm  FT8 contacts but just no one on there
either. I do try calling on all 3 bands ssb but rarely get a response. Too
many newbies would rather talk the world on dmr now.