[VHFcontesting] K1DY contest

To: VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K1DY contest
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 20:07:14 +0000
Hi all, Well I suppose some of you know I lost my 110ft tower during the big
"Bomb Cyclone" storm we had before Xmas. It's still a mess and with 80 foot
trees around me here, the only thing I thought MIGHT work would be to lash
together something for 6 meters. So I have my 2 element rover antenna on a 20
foot mast lashed to the side of the shop building. It works. I worked N3RG on
Monday on Q65A (450 miles) and have made a few FT8 QSO's. I've got 300 watts
and if there's some skip who knows, the high takeoff angle might even help. I'm
fixed to the SW but with a 2 element beam that basically means I'm pointed at
the whole USA!!! I'll be on SSB if there's anyone there, but certainly FT-8 off
and on.

GLITC everyone

bill, K1DY FN54JQ Maine