[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night

To: <222Activity@groups.io>, <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night
From: "Allen Oldfield" <aoldfiel@stny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 09:33:27 -0500
A Lot of activity was apparent at my location in FN12ne last night.  Signals
were especially good to the East and the Northeast.  Signals to the South
and to the West were "down" from past weeks.  10 contacts total.

K1WHS - USB, FN43, 311miles, was very strong

WZ1V - USB, FN31, 232 miles, the strongest he has been on this band in a
long time.  It's always nice to work my cousin.

N1JEZ - USB, FN44, 242 miles, was very strong

WA2ONK - USB, FN20, 175 miles, Q5

WA3GFZ - USB, FM29, 209 miles, Q5

WA3NUF - USB, FN20, 164 miles.  Phil is always strong here.

N2DEQ - FT8, FM29, 191 miles.  It wasn't going to happen on SSB so we
switched to FT8.

N8WNA - FT8, EN82, 326 miles.  John is running less than <50 watts so FT8 or
CW is the only mode that will work.  My report to him was -21, that's weaker
than normal.

K9MRI - FT8, EN70, 446 miles. Joe was extremely patient last night, we
waited for a QSB "swell".  Joe was copying my signal well before I had his.

VE3KG - USB, FN24, 193 miles.  Q5 signal, in spite of the hills that are
between us.  Just a few contacts with Dave and I'll have more FN24 contacts
on this band than I have accumulated on 2M since I moved to FN12 in 1979.

K9MRI gets both my "Patience" award and my "Best DX" award for the night.

N8WNA gets my "Fewest Watts/Mile" award for the night.

Al - W9KXI