Re: [VHFcontesting] Free to good home for just the shipping cost

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Free to good home for just the shipping cost
From: <tholmes@woh.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 12:50:37 -0500
WOW! I never expected this much interest! The only fair way I know to do this
is by the time stamps on the emails that I
received. So Hal, WB4AEG, was first in, but only wants the 2m radio. Karl,
WD9BGA, was next, and since the 2m box is spoken
for, he gets the UHF rig. I will get shipping costs once I have Hal's zip code.
Both of you please let me know if you prefer
UPS or FedEx, or other carrier. While I can generally get addresses from
QRZ.com, they are not always where folks want things
delivered.

I will add that these came form the estate of K6UM, Steve Lund, who migrated to
the left coast shortly after graduating from
UMich many years ago. I did not know him but my friend in Portland , also a
UMich grad, was well-acquainted with him.
Apparently he was quite good at building radio gear, including amplifiers. I am
told there will be more stuff available when
my friend gets another opportunity to dig into the collection.

I will add that in lieu of paying for the radios themselves (not the shipping),
please consider a donation to the American
Cancer Society, per Steve's wishes.

Thanks!

Tom Holmes, N8ZM