Re: [VHFcontesting] Mt. Washington NH & Acadia National Park- Cadillac M

To: CHRISTOP PATTERSON <w3cmp@comcast.net>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Mt. Washington NH & Acadia National Park- Cadillac Mountain - Eastern Nantucket VHF Operation
From: Paul Rollinson <paulrollinson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 14:15:13 -0400
Date: 10/12/22  12:41 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com Subject:
[VHFcontesting] Mt. Washington NH & Acadia National Park- Cadillac Mountain -
Eastern Nantucket VHF Operation Hello all - Spent the last week driving through
New England. Capped off trip with a nice visit at a local bar with Dave K1WHS.
While visitng eastern Nantucket (FN51),  driving through Acadia National Park-
Cadillac Mtn. (FN54) and later taking the cog railway up Mt. Washington (FN44)
the thought occurred  to me that these locations would bet it would be a pretty
neat place. to operate from, and maybe do a VHF contest.  Wonder who (other
than Dave) has tried rover or portable VHF operation from these locations?
What the experiences have been? How needed are FN51 and 54 for VUCC on 2 and
432?I'd like to discuss particulars73,  Chris W3CMPSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE
Device_______________________________________________VHFcontesting mailing