[VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint

To: "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint
From: Paul N1BUG FN55mf <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 08:22:18 -0400
I feel about half dead this morning but I am pretty confident about being on for the 222 Sprint tonight. Please make some noise looking this way! I've adjusted my sleep schedule temporarily in order to spend most of last night burning brush. Just another part of Weed Removal 2022 Edition. As a side benefit, I will get some sleep before the Sprint. I will probably spend the rest of the week trying to get back on a normal schedule but it is all part of the price of having and maintaining the antenna farm. Some of the weeds coming down this year are dead or dying and a threat to my house and/or one of the towers. Others (which I might not get to until next spring) are coming out in preparation for what I hope will one day be tower number three. That reminds me, I've got to move that stack of Rohn 45 sections and the 1.8m dish out of the driveway before snow flies!

Meanwhile, today I will make another attempt to clear out whatever stubborn crud is clogging the driven element on my 6 meter antenna. The other six elements are all cleaned out and ready for anti-vibration rope to be run through. How the heck does dirt and stuff even get in there at 100+ feet in the air? I sure hope this does the trick. My goal is to try to get it back on the tower within a week or so. I will have to climb at least four times to rig the tram line, backstay, etc., install the antenna, and take all the rigging down. Time is running short up here in the soon to be frozen north! There is some risk that this activity could interfere with 222 Night and the 432 Sprint next week if it is not completed before then. If the tram line etc. is attached to the mast, I can't rotate the VHF stack and it will be pointed southeast!

73,
Paul N1BUG
FN55mf