[VHFcontesting] K1DS 222 activity night

To: "newsvhf@mailman.qth.net" <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, packrats reflector <packrats@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K1DS 222 activity night
From: Rick R <rick1ds@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 01:34:30 +0000
Thunderstorm with lots of rain at 7PM here in Blue Bell, PA. Finally able to
stick the antenna out at 8:10 PM and worked Dave K1WHS FN43 on CW. He was loud,
but lots of QSB & QRN on all sigs. W9KXI FN12 CW; WZ1V FN31 CW; K1WHS again CW
& SSB (I think he felt sorry for me calling CQ many times without response),
then N1DPM FN32 came on and Fred chatted with Dave and I managed to have a
brief SSB exchange with Fred when they finished. Not a busy night for me, but
Dave and others were going to the "outer banks" with meteors. Tomorrow is the
XYL's birthday dinner celebration, so I won't be on 432. 73, Rick K1DS