Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 activity night

To: wz1v@sbcglobal.net, newsvhf@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 activity night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 22:02:16 -0400
220 Night was a lot of fun up here in the wilds of Maine.  First QSO was Mike, N1JEZ. The weather was a bit weird as the afternoon was warm and humid, but it had cooled off by 7 PM and soon my little hilltop was in the clouds. Heavy fog and drizzle!  When I drove home, the house was in the clear although it was still drizzling slightly.  The house was not in the clouds. Signals from around the area were uniformly good for a typical summer night. The K2DLL beacon in FN23 was pretty loud at about -108 dBm with the noise floor at about -144 or so. That is 36 dB above the noise. WZ1V and K1PXE were very active from CT. WA1PBU was QRV from MA. W1AIM & N1JEZ represented Vermont. Dick, W1ZC and WA1T were on from NH.  I heard WA3EOQ very well from western Maryland, and tried a sked with N1GC in EM95 along with K9MRI in EN70. No tropo signals heard but a few meteors were there to keep things interesting!  K2RMX and W2BVU were very loud from the NYC area, and N2BFJ was a late contact from FN30 on Long Island. Somehow, I missed Al W9KXI in western New York. No VE2s or VE3s were heard.

I listened a bit for W5EME on a too far MS path and heard nil this time. Thanks to all who were on and trying!

73

Dave K1WHS