Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] IC-905

To: Ron Rogers <ww8rr@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] IC-905
From: Mark Spencer <markspencer@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 15:38:19 +0000
I think I am going to take a “wait and see” approach.   I already have a 9700
for 144,432 and 1296 and a  transverter for 10 GHz.

If the detailed specs and pricing is reasonably competitive with buying
transverters for 2.x GHz or 5.x GHz (and I do see some additional value in a
commercial off the shelf (COTS) approach that doesn’t require me to provide an
IF radio so I might be prepared to pay somewhat or perhaps even considerably
more than just the price or two transverters) I may take a closer look at this.

 Depending on the pricing of the 10 GHz module that might also be of interest
to me as getting a second 10 GHz setup might be of some use down the road (ie.
one for home one for roving.)  I believe I could live with 1/2 watt power
output on 10 GHz  for some of my use cases.

Being potentially able to use this product as an IF radio for transverters has
some value to me as well.

Hopefully this product will result in more activity on the higher bands.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ

Sent from my iPhone