[VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint Results N2RC

To: NEWS <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, John Paolucci <jpalooch@aol.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint Results N2RC
From: Michael Moran <mmoran1027@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 18:37:07 -0400
I operated from Roosa Gap State Park in FN21sp for the 222 Sprint and
considering band conditions and my low power I would say it was a
successful night.

John KD2PTX was my rotor and kept spinning the 35ft mast with the 10 El
Yagi. I ran an FT-991A with a 10 Watt transverter and made 9 Qs in the
three hours we were up there.

I was able to work the following stations:

K1TEO FN31
K1PXE FN31
WZ1V FN31
N2NT FN20
K1WHS FN43
N1JEZ FN44
KR1ST FN21
WB2SIH FN31
W1AIM FN34

The following stations were heard but I couldn't raise them:
AF1T
K1RZ
K1TR
K1MAP
N1DPM
WA3NUF
W2BVH
W2BYP

I am working on figuring out how to get some more power for 222 and getting
my beam up permanently at my QTH.

John and I may possibly head out to the same spot next week for the 432
Sprint.

73,
Mike N2RC