Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night

To: "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 13:19:02 -0500
Hi VHF ops!

So N1BUG will get on for 222 Night!  Well, it will be good to have a Maine station on for Tuesday nights. I keep thinking that I should try to get on for a Tuesday night, , but it is just too massive a task as the road is icy and very easy for the truck to slide off the road and into trees or over a ledge.  If I could negotiate the road, I have to haul the K3,  the transverter, cables, a wattmeter , a laptop, headset, key, etc. etc It is a lot to haul and then hook up.  Realistically, it is not feasible. With no permanent power up there, some things become difficult. The good news is that there are only about eight weeks left before I can get stuff back up there. That is not a long time.

So tonight is Tuesday Night and that should be the cue to get on 222.1 right after dinner and make a few contacts with your other VHF friends.   Lets see how many can make it to N1BUG in the "real" Maine.  If you hang around until 0300UT, you might also hear K1DY in FN54!

73

Dave K1WHS