Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] [222Activity] 222 Activity Night

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] [222Activity] 222 Activity Night
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 04:51:35 -0500
Oh, man! It is sooooooo much easier to get on the air in the evening when I don't have the usual Tuesday stuff to get through!

I gather some were not on due to to snow, cold or just poor conditions. WZ1V answered my CW CQ shortly after 7:00 with a solid 579 signal and no evident QSB. A little while later I caught KV1J who was calling CQ on SSB. Plenty of QSB there, up and down between S3 and S9+10 over just a couple of minutes. I ran off kind of quickly to look for W1GHZ who had emailed to say he would look this way at 7:30. Found him and worked Paul 559 on CW. I put out some calls off an on, didn't hear anything else for a while but a blind CQ on CW around 8:10 produced a call from K1KG, 559 signal with flutter. Another CQ around 8:40 netted K1PXE, 559 and then WA1T called, 579.

Hey, it's only 6 QSOs and no great DX but I will sure take it! Overall conditions seemed poor. Thanks everyone for getting on and looking this way.

QSOs:
WZ1V    FN31rh  CW      579     524 km
KV1J    FN44rc  SSB     59      177 km
W1GHZ   FN34uj  CW      559     279 km
K1KG    FN42id  CW      559     391 km
K1PXE   FN31ke  CW      559     562 km
WA1T    FN43lk  CW      579     259 km

I saw W1JR spotted but never heard him. Tries with KA2LIM, KC2KAE and WA3EOQ arranged via ON4KST chat produced no results.

I will do my best to be on when I can but I am reluctantly forced to admit this really doesn't work well for me. If and when I am able to move my usual Tuesday stuff to another day, I will. For now that is not an option.

73,
Paul N1BUG
FN55mf
800 watts, K1FO-22 at 115'