Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] [222Activity] 222 Activity Night

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] [222Activity] 222 Activity Night
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 06:04:02 -0500
Hi all,

Up here in FN55mf that was our *sixth* ice storm of the 2021/22 winter season. Two of three significant snow storms have been very wet, sticky, nasty stuff that was no fun to move. That last storm was both! This is getting ridiculous. Normally by now temperatures have plummeted and we get mainly dry powdery snow. Yesterday it hit 34 degrees with bright sunshine and relatively light winds, so all the antennas are free of ice *at the moment*. Today's forecast is snow and 29 degrees (still too warm!) so I'm not sure what state things will be in by evening.

Given my track record I'm not going to make any promises about tonight, regardless what the weather brings. However, like the one 222 Activity Night I was on for, this is a rare Tuesday that I don't have my usual schedule that leaves me exhausted and brain dead, so there is more hope than usual. If I am active I will also be on ON4KST chat.

I like the idea of some sort of newsletter or activity bulletin and would sure like to read it whether I am able to be active or not. I think these days an online format like a web site or blog would be best. I read the idea about using Facebook and while it provides ease of use and a good set of attractive features, my experience has been that a significant number of hams hate it and won't use it. Whether that includes any of the 222 crowd or prospective newcomers to the band, I have no idea. As Dave knows I am on Facebook, so that platform would be OK with me.

73,
Paul N1BUG
FN55mf