Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night RADIOS

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night RADIOS
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 04:08:10 -0500
Hi Mike and all,

Follow-up comments from here...

With my VHF(UHF) motivation at an all time low,

Mine too, sadly. The one "regularly scheduled" activity I am truly interested in is 222 Activity Night, but I'm still trying to find the magic bullet that will allow me to be there.

VHF contests have become far less enjoyable and my 222/432 QSO count has drastically decreased because I am not finding people on 144 to make arrangements for higher bands.

if I am lucky will net me 3(?) Q's on your 222Tuesdays

That'd be 3 more than me! But I totally get your point.

I wonder if anyone in VE1/9/VY2 even has 222?

I'm not aware of anyone. I think the last VE1//9/VY2 I worked on 222 was VE1UT. Come to think of it, Bernie may have been the only one, ever! It would be nice to have some activity over your way, but I understand getting on is not worth the cost when you are so far from most of the activity. I'm closer than you and struggling with those decisions even here. If you hear of anyone out that way who has 222 capability, please let me/us know!

73,
Paul N1BUG