Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8?- tarnation!

To: Jay RM <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8?- tarnation!
From: Alex <alex@kr1st.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 16:10:20 -0500
Hi Jay,

You may very well be right, but I'm hopeful they are paying attention to lists
like this one and read the 3830 comments as well. It is of course our
obligation to make them aware of the issues as well.

I agree that the new modes that WSJT-X offer us has had a great impact. I think
it gives many more people the opportunity to enjoy the VHF+ bands with perhaps
modest stations. It would be great if we could leverage this opportunity to
increase activity on the VHF+ bands, especially in light of what I recently
read about what happened in Israel. It scares me that one day all the great
VHF+ real estate that is available  to us could be gone with a stroke of a pen.

73,
--Alex KR1ST