Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF contesting yesterday vs today

To: Alan Larson <wa6azp@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF contesting yesterday vs today
From: Jim via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:36:24 -0500
I made one QSO in the past contest, a CW contact with FM19 from here in EL87. I
do admit to not getting on for the VHF test until Sunday, as I was busy with
the NAQP SSB event on Saturday. Though I heard nothing there to suggest any
sort of Es openings in the time I was on.

I did spend a number of times  on Sunday CQing away on CW on 50.095 or so on
auto repeat while reading other stuff online. Nothing heard, and the P3 was
flatline from 50.090 to 50.150 for the whole time.

Rather than trying to run separate contests for digital and analog, how about
combining both modes by allowing same band QSOs for both digital and analog?
Those serious enough would make it a point to pick up QSOs on both modes.

My other question, as one who does not do digital (at least yet), is why not
bounce back and forth between the two modes? Does it really take much more than
one button push on most radios to switch from VFO A on digital to VFO B on
analog? Some activity, especially by the high profile serious stations, would
help alert the rest of us that there actually is somebody to talk to on these
normally dead bands.

73  -  Jim   K8MR/4