Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF test "3 BAND" category

To: Jay RM <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF test "3 BAND" category
From: John Kludt <johnnykludt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 10:15:32 -0800
All,

This may be an opportune time to make suggestions, whatever they may be.  I
recently moved to Idaho from Georgia but wanted to continue to compete in
the Club category via a remote station that is in Georgia.  Northern Idaho
far as I can tell is not a hotbed of VHF/UHF contesting.   The transmitter
is within the circle used by the club.  I asked for a clarification - can I
compete with my club.  The answer was "No -you must *reside *within the
circle."  I said "Okay, but please explain to me the good you are trying to
promote or the evil you are trying to prevent."  I got no answer.  Along
comes the January QST with the opening Editorial form the new CEO of the
League encouraging the membership to email him directly.  So I did.  He
responded that in the spirit of encouraging more participation they are
looking at *all* of the contest rules.   So if you have an idea that might
encourage more participation in VHF/UHF contesting this might be a good
time to get it in.

Not a guarantee of anything but a hopeful sign.

John K7STS (ex-K4SQC)