[VHFcontesting] WAS on 222....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WAS on 222....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 19:20:16 +0000
Hello to all the 222 ops interested in this.  I strongly endorse Dave's thoughts on the shipping.  I have done several large expeditions, as most already know, and the costs are larger than most folks realize.  John-K1OR has built up the loaner station, but now we need to get it into the hands of a few ops that will actually put the needed states on the air.  Gene-KB7Q is a very good choice.

Somehow, we need to keep track of all the expenses and we all need to chip in to cover them.  That means that you can't just send $50 once and call it good.  Each new activation will have expenses and we all need to participate so that the guys doing the activations are not stuck with a big bill!!

I hope that we can get several new 222 WAS awards on the books....similar to the new FFMA awards that are now appearing. Congratulations to them, by the way.

73 Marshall K5QE