Re: [VHFcontesting] States needed on 222 for WAS....

To: k5qe@k5qe.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] States needed on 222 for WAS....
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 02:08:41 +0000 (UTC)
If anyone needs WVa I am planning on going to the Eastern edge of WVa, FM08 in
July or early August to help a fellow Ham get his WAS on 222.  A test run for
the Sept contest.  I have all 4 lower bands.

4400 ft, 360 deg field of view, eastern edge of WVa in Grid FMO8.  SSB phone.
100W, 12ft beams all bands.  .  I can work out to 300 miles on FM withall 4
bands so the SSB should go A LOT further even without ducting or eskip.

I have a horrible ear for CW but if your patient we can make that work if need
be,    No beeps & squeaks (FT8).

I will post back a week before going.  Doing a lot of overdue maintenance on
the Jeep before inspection.

73
John
KM4KMU.