Re: [VHFcontesting] FT impacting ability to run bands?

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT impacting ability to run bands?
From: Steve Kavanagh via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 17:32:25 +0000 (UTC)
QSY messages as Marshall has outlined are certainly feasible, and I have used
them successfully occasionally.  But the character limit, combined with the
time constraints (especially on FT4) make it hard to indicate who the message
is directed to.  If the band is busy, it can easily get missed if it isn't red.

I've wondered if it might be possible to fit a hashed callsign pair (similar to
what is done for portable callsigns, etc.) that the program would recognize and
display in red, and a frequency, into a more formal QSY message.  Not sure if
the software team would want to spend time on it....but K1JT is a VHF
contester.....

73,
Steve VE3SMA