Re: [VHFcontesting] Weak Signal FM, open squelch, and VHF Contesting (wa

To: JamesDuffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Weak Signal FM, open squelch, and VHF Contesting (was FT-991 for FM contesting)
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:10:30 -0800
Sorry for another partial thread change (:

Over the years I have been quite surprised with how well FM works compared to
SSB when contesting.    At first I thought perhaps my equipment wasn't working
well on SSB, but I have noticed other operators having similar results.

Yes SSB is better than FM but in practice I don't think it is as better as some
people believe / communications theory might lead one to believe (at least in
my part of VE7Land.)

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ