Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m FM LNAs?

To: "nosigma@aol.com" <nosigma@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m FM LNAs?
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 16:51:20 -0800
I'd be curious in hearing from others about their experiences with LNA's for
2M.  I use a 144 MHz SSB mast mounted pre amp at my home station and it makes a
modest difference for weak signal work.

   I rarely bother with pre amps when roving on 144 MHz.   On the other hand
over the decades I have gotten a lot of use out of preamps on 432 and 1296 MHz
(for weak signal, roving, FM, AMSAT and repeater station applications.)  The
few times I have roved on 432 MHz without a preamp I have missed having it.

Other than the pre amp built into one of my 222 MHz power amplifiers I have no
experience with pre amps on that band.

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ