[VHFcontesting] FT8 to USB/CW

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FT8 to USB/CW
From: Stu <stu@stu2.net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 23:22:10 -0400
Six meters was open tonight from my QTH to FL. (I'm in FM18) I only have a 3 element beam pointed West in my attic. (Darn HOA!) The signals were loud.So this raised a question in my mind as I prepare for the ARRL VHF contest.  (W4IY at FN00rg) Does anybody have a rule of thumb that would indicate when to move to USB or CW? The FT8 signals were strong enough for CW and maybe even USB. I wanted to jump down to 50.130 and call CQ, but I suspected nobody would be there, so I stayed on 50.313.