Re: [VHFcontesting] 5 Band VUCC Award

To: Greg Sarratt <gsarratt@att.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 5 Band VUCC Award
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 18:03:48 -0500
Greg,

Always good to hear from you, my friend. Been too long since we’ve had an
eyeball QSO.

Reading the mail on this proposal, it’s clear that there is also considerable
interest and support for a VUCC “Rover” award—something that I believe would
also generate more activity.

With any proposal, I try to keep it mind how much programming will be required
to implement it in terms of administration, and/or programming in LoTW. I
understand those considerations are not trivial—alas, I’m not sure everyone
gets that. :-)

Thank you for supporting the idea, and taking it to the Programs and Services
Committee for consideration. Please let me know if I can do anything to support
the effort. I’ll look forward to seeing how it’s viewed by the Committee and
the Board.

Also appreciate all that you do for the hobby. I have some appreciation for how
much of your time it consumes. I’m sure you’d rather be operating and enjoying
the hobby sometimes. It does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63nf
AMSAT #38965, ARRL Life Member, CVHS Life Member, SVHF Member