Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] 5BVUCC Nets Support of

To: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>, K7XC Tim Marek <k7xcnv1@gmail.com>, Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] 5BVUCC Nets Support of
From: n4rnr--- via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 21:32:31 +0000 (UTC)
 ARRL VUCC includes provisions for Satellites and provides for a separate award
category VUCC - Satellite.  Therefore, I would have a hard time automatically
excluding "Satellites" from consideration.  Perhaps it could be used as one of
the "5 Bands"

   4. General Rules
   (a) Separate bands are considered as separate awards.   (b) No crossband
contacts are permitted, except for Satellite.   (c) No contacts through active
repeaters are permitted, except for Satellite Awards.
I am the recipient of VUCC Satellite Award, Serial No. 357, and I am currently
at 542 confirmed grids in LoTW.
Satellites are a lot harder than FT8.  I personally know HF operators who have
achieved or close to achieving 5BDXCC in the short time of FT8's existence.
Does their award count any less?
Our objective should be to encourage more activity in the VHF and up bands.
Let's not diminish any one category just because you think it's too easy.
And FYI - AMSAT does not offer VUCC-type awards, because that award is already
available from the ARRL.
73 de Rober, KE4AL    On Monday, April 22, 2019, 2:16:01 PM CDT, Marshall-K5QE