Re: [VHFcontesting] January VHF Contest W4NH

To: johnnykludt@gmail.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] January VHF Contest W4NH
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 19:12:03 +0000 (UTC)
Johnny,
You are oh so correct, it is not too early.  Who knows what losses lurk in the
silent darkness of Oct, Nov & Dec.

Last week I started the process of getting permission to work from FM08US in
the NRQZ.  Yesterday I noticed a lot of oxidation internally and externally on
the telescoping elements of my 6m beam.  All polished up now.

This evening I will start making brackets to put the new 2m SSB mast mounted
pre amp on a DSE rover quick disconnect plate.  Hopefully before Christmas the
spectrum analyzer will come out and the cable chasing antenna
tuning/verification will start.

With rain, ice, snow and subfreezimg temps it all takes a lot longer than
expected.  It is never to early to start.

73
John
KM4KMU

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail