Re: [VHFcontesting] 2M Prop

To: Pat Patterson <ppattrsn@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2M Prop
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 08:41:28 -0700
I found the network of stations listening on 50 MHz FT8 to be quite helpful
when visiting remote locations earlier this year during the work week.   Even
if there was no one around for a Qso, my CQ's often seemed to be picked up by a
monitoring station and then posted via psk reporter.   This gives me some
comfort that those sites actually had propagation paths to useful locations.

If anyone wants to try a similar approach on 144 MHz let me know off list and I
expect I could set up a receiver on 144.174

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark@alignedsolutions.com