Re: [VHFcontesting] 2M Prop

To: Paul Rollinson <Paulrollinson@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2M Prop
From: Pat Patterson <ppattrsn@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 10:23:49 -0500
Paul,
There was a presentation made at the VHF Forum at Dayton on building a VHF/UHF
Reverse Beacon network "node".  N8UR described a scheme using RTL-SDR dongles
and Alex, VE3NEA's CW Skimmer software to monitor the beacon segment of each
bands, decode the received signals and post them to the RBN.    Tony, K8ZR, can
probably provide a copy of the presentation or provide a link.  There are a
couple of Beacon transmitters that offer CW and JT mode output.  Haven't seen
any beacon scheme using FT8 but probably wouldn't be difficult to implement.

73,
Pat, W5VY

Sent from my iPad