[VHFcontesting] The June contest is close....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] The June contest is close....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 09:58:21 -0500
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.....the contest is getting close.  I wish everyone the best of luck. Please remember to send GRIDS not -12.  I saw a bunch of folks sending only K5QE K3XXX -02 rather than K5QE K3XXX {grid} for their first transmission.  Remember that in the contest, the exchange is {GRID} not 59 or -12.

Also remember that if the band is open, SSB is MUCH faster than FT8.  You will make a lot more contacts in a given time on SSB if the band is open than you will on FT8 or MSK144. The point of a contest is to make as many QSOs as possible, after all.

We finally have our dedicated FT8 station working(what a pain), so we will be looking for FT8, even if we are running SSB or MSK144.

Again, GL in the contest....

73 Marshall K5QE
Phone at the shack is 409-787-3831 if you want to call and sched us.  Remember, NO contact details may be exchanged.