[VHFcontesting] Power budget

To: 'vhfcontesting' <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Power budget
From: Dan Evans via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 02:01:18 +0000 (UTC)
Hello group,
I'm putting together a small (12') pull behind trailer for grid hopping /
portable operations.  It's actually a 1967 Winnabago that I'm restoring /
remodeling.
Anyway, I would like to add a small window unit air conditioner to make summer
operating bearable.  The original AC unit is long dead, so I was planning to
install a 5000 BTU.  This is the smallest unit I've been able to find.  My
question is how much generator am I going to need for this setup?  I know one
of the small inverter types should be plenty to run my radio equipment, but
will it handle the AC?
I know there are plenty of guys on the list that have been down this road
before, so I would appreciate your input!
73Dan
-- K9ZF  Vice President, Clark County Amateur Radio Club,Amateur Radio
Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el The once and future K9ZF /R no
budget Rover  ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at:  List
Administrator for: InHam+grid-loc+ham-books  Ask me how to join the Indiana Ham
Mailing list!

    On Saturday, March 10, 2018, 12:31:28 PM EST, Mike & Becca Krzystyniak