[VHFcontesting] Rover experience at Blue Knob Ski Resort FN00RG?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover experience at Blue Knob Ski Resort FN00RG?
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 08:15:01 -0500
I suspect the Sugar Grove facility is going to deny my request to operate
inside the National Radio Quiet Zone even though the Green Bank Observatory
will approve it..  I am looking at alternate locations.  Best one I have found
is the Blue Knob Ski Resort in PA, FN00RG.  I dont rove, but drive to a good
location to operate as a fixed site from one grid.  The resort parking lot lets
me reach north to Rochester, east to NY City and south to DC.  Lots of blockage
to the west but great to population centers north, east and south.  Good FM
location with lots of hams within 250 miles.

A number of rovers have worked from here over the years.  I would love to know
something about your experiences there.  How is the RF noise level?  Any FM
contacts?  Staff or parking problems?  I would rent a room at the lodge and
bring the XYL who can ski while I contest (win win there).

John

KM4KMU