[VHFcontesting] The National MSK calling frequency???

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] The National MSK calling frequency???
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 17:59:27 -0500
Hello everyone....I have been informed by a W7, who I respect, that since FKS441 is essentially dead, the 6M meteor scatter calling frequency has been moved back to 50.260MHz. I think this is a great idea as the ever upward trend for every new mode is giving my antennas fits. Is this idea widespread, or is this just a few mavericks that are trying to get away from the mob?

However, there will surely be a lot of people(like me) that just heard of this idea and will still be hanging out at 50.280MHz. This may(or may not) be a small problem for the upcoming June and July contests. I always operate on 50.265MHz(surely everyone knows that by now), so such a change will not effect me very much. I continue to believe that PingJockey is the way around all these problems.

If anyone knows the straight scoop on all this, please let me know.

GL to everyone in the contest.....and be sure to work us on 6M on 50.265MHz if you are within range. {sarc on} If you are not in range, move closer so that you are!! {sarc off} All contacts gratefully appreciated.

73 Marshall K5QE
EM31cj