Re: [VHFcontesting] This weekend VHF contest

To: list@k0nr.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] This weekend VHF contest
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 13:39:05 -0400
Be polite to the extreme.  A couple big guns got on 146.520 sunday afternoon
pounding away calling cq every few seconds in jan and the contacts dried up.
Call cq a couple times and if there is no response try another band.  If
someone else calls cq for a rag chew let them be and qsy for 5 or 10 minutes.
Lots of fm folks know nothing about or even dislike contesting.  Many will want
to talk for a bit to see what its all about. Engage them, make it fun and folks
will come out of the woodwork for the novelty of it. A big plus is that folks
gwt really excited about doing fm simplex beyond 100 or 200 miles and they will
call friends so they can do it too.

Have a light touch and be friendly.

73
John