Re: [VHFcontesting] 6m Coax Stubs

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 6m Coax Stubs
From: Kenneth Silverman <kenny.k2kw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 10:24:48 -0400
Thanks for all the replies - many were direct to me.  There was a range of
answers from:  my 2m mast mount PA gets slammed, to I have the antennas
stacked 5' apart and there's no issue with legal limit.  For filtering,
some used low power band pass filters before the amp, some used HP BPF's
after the amp, and one person used a stub.

It turns out one of my group has an ICE 6m 3KW BPF which I will use after
the 6m amp, and we have 2m BPF too.  We figure that should do the trick.

While I was researching the issue, I ran into the following which may be of
use:
Bud Radio Inc variable low pass filter LF-601 or LF-601-A, which is rated
at 1KW AM and factory set to cutoff after 33 MHz.  There are some on Ebay
right now.  If you have a network analyzer, these should be easily retuned
to cut off after the 6m band, which will suppress the 6m 3rd harmonic into
2m

73, Kenny K2KW