[VHFcontesting] K1DY sprint report

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, 'Pack Rats Reflector' <packrats@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K1DY sprint report
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 15:30:31 +0000
Well, I thought conditions were quite poor, though activity seemed OK. Worked
10 Q's in 7 grids. best DX K3TUF in FN10 at 757km and WB2RVX in FM29 at 720km,
both very weak and a LOT of work on CW.. Best to the west VE2XX at 397km who
was S9+++ Heard several grids that I didn't work, and as is not unusual, never
even heard my own grid.

Tried using ON4KST chat for the first time and must admit, though I did net a
QSO or 2 from it, it was mostly a distraction and it had me wondering if I was
missing more QSO's by not concentrating on the radio while watching the reports
whiz by on the computer screen. I tried several times to arrange qso's with
stations that way with no response. Possibly there are some fine points to
using this tool I am unaware of?? Oh yeah, I completed on all the skeds I made
by email ahead of time (the old fashioned way) hee hee..

Anyway, there ya go, thanks to all who got on and to the sponsors..

bill, K1DY FN54JQ Maine