Re: [VHFcontesting] Ionosphere Scatter

To: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Ionosphere Scatter
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 10:32:12 -0700
Hi this is interesting.   From a practical perspective I'd be curious in
knowing if there is much difference in what needed to be successful using long
haul tropo scatter versus iono scatter on 50 MHz ?

Presumably bigger antennas, higher power levels and a clear view of the horizon
will all be useful ?

The comments about the K index and time of day for iono scatter are of
particular interest to me.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ