Re: [VHFcontesting] Inexpensive 222 Yagi (Re: 222 Sprint

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Inexpensive 222 Yagi (Re: 222 Sprint
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:20:48 -0500
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Kevin H. Phillips
<kh-phillips@9-5usa.org> wrote:
> During the VHF contest I was able to work a station a little
> over 150 miles away.

>  I obviously
> can't compare it with anything else but, as the saying goes, "it
> works for me."

This is where I am - "works for me".

I just bought an IC-910H (w/UX-910), not to mention the XV-222, so for
household peace-keeping reasons, I need spend a little as possible on
antennas.  That goes against conventional wisdom that says you should
put your money into your antennas but like you, I've had good results
from that A148-10S.  I didn't pay $100 for that one (it was old when I
bought it 6-8 years ago).  That huge Sporadic E opening in 2012 helped
a lot with the 2000+ km QSOs, but even without that, it's been a good
antenna.

Peter