Re: [VHFcontesting] Alternator/VR question for rovers or auto guys

To: Jonesy W3DHJ <W3DHJ@jonz.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Alternator/VR question for rovers or auto guys
From: Jarred Jackson <Jarred.Jackson@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 17:03:21 +0000
Thanks All,

A search for "Ford Smart Alternator" confirmed what you suggested. There is
also a temperature input to the Engine Control Module which alters charging
voltage based on presumed battery temperature/condition. Apparently this is
common in vehicles.

I will test again tomorrow when its supposed to be warmer and be ready to add
load to see if it kicks back to higher voltage.

Feeling much better about this.

73,

Jarred - KF2MR