[VHFcontesting] VHF Rules..

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Rules..
From: Jerry <jer.sieg@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 02:59:50 +0000
I know 'every year' some one questions the 'Rules' ! Sorry if you all are getting 'sic of it' ! But..
Looking at the 'VHF Contest Rules'.. one states for /P Op's..

*1.9.* A station located precisely on a dividing line between grid squares must select only *'ONE'* as the location for exchange purposes. A different grid-square multiplier cannot be given without moving the complete station (including antennas) *at least 100 meters.*

And another states..

*2.2.5.* Single Operator Portable stations may not change locations during the contest period outside of the *original 500-meter diameter permitted* circle.

So.. a /P Op' on a Grid Line cannot hand out 'either or'.. whichever the station worked needs.. ? But then again, you can only work him 'once'.. so you could not work him a 2nd time with the 'Other Grid' as you are to 'select only one' ! So 'can you move 'less than 500M' and use the 'other Grid Square' ? Or would that be a different 2nd contest entry from that Grid as well ? So if I move 'more than 500M..I am a /R..but 'Less.. I am still /P' ? Kinda 'confusing' ! Sorry for the Bandwidth ! GL All.. Hope we get some Prop Soon !
Jerry
VE6CPP