Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL UHF Contest Cancelled

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL UHF Contest Cancelled
From: "k2drh@frontiernet.net" <k2drh@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 23:01:45 +0000 (UTC)
 Let me express my disappointment.  This contest has been around since 1978
and I cut short a trip to Colorado last year just so I could be back in time to
participate .. who know it would be for the last time?  This does nothing to
increase participation which seems to the League's stated goal for all the
changes of late. And it provides little incentive for stations to add the
higher bands to the their contest stations.
As one of those non-staff VHF contest results authors my opinions on rover
rules and how the new limited class cut down on rovers with microwave  bands is
well known if you've read the June contest results for the past few years.  And
as one of the top scoring stations year after year for the past 15 years in the
UHF contest... as well as part of the wider group who provided input for the
general rules changes, I'm dismayed that I had no input to this decision at
all.
73 de Bob2 K2DRH